Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who are you?


Ok, let’s be honest. How many of us are the same person inside of church and out? I’m not.

How many of us feel like we can enter the sanctuary with all our agendas, scars, blemishes and selfishness? I don’t.

Ever sworn in church? I have.

Gossip? Yep, done that too.

What about idolatry and the love of money? Oh boy, it seems I have no place in God’s house. Or do I?

Thankfully, love is kind, not jealous. Love is patient, not selfish. Love keeps no record of wrong, and love never fails.

God never fails.

As we journey through lent, let me encourage you to be honest with God. Bring the “real you” you to the foot of the cross, and not the person you think is good enough for church. He is longing to meet with you, to love you and transform you. I truly believe that God is so much more impressed with honesty than a shiny, albeit shallow reputation. Besides, He knows the truth anyway. And yet He is STILL longing for your heart.

God is waiting to touch you, to love you and to renew you.

And God NEVER fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment